Sunday, August 21, 2005

I Ain't Datin' No Church Members

For all the regular readers y'all know I go off every now and then but today I'm 'bout to get real ignorant.
Please be advised this may not be suitable for all audiences.

I have another problem y'all besides the addiction to violent video games. My problem will probably get me in trouble, but hell I have to keep it real. Well here goes...

DEEP BREATH

My name is Namelia and I don't trust or want to date men who go to church.

Okay I know y'all are thinking, "what the hell?" or "girl you are totally ass backwards." But I straight up don't trust them dudes. It's so funny because I didn't even realize that I really didn't date men who go to church until this dude tried to holla.

This man is in church every Sunday, faithfully, hell he is probably there now, and he told me he loves the Lord. Sounds good right...WRONG!! This dude is a straight up ho. Now I don't doubt his love for the Lord but he has seriously misunderstood His teachings. Ho-ing (if you will) is not described as a good way to get on the Lord side in the Bible, if I'm not mistaken (trust me I'm not)
So the whore of Babylon tried to holla, no biggie right, that doesn't mean every man in church is a ho. That is true it doesn't, but it has helped me to realize that I discriminate. But then I have to ask myself where did I get this idea that dating a man who is in church is a bad idea....Let me think hmmm where did I get that idea? *Lightbulb* I know where I got that idea from CHURCH!

I spent the first 15 years of my life in this church on the Westside (the best side) of Chicago and that is where the root of my prejudice developed. Once upon a time that church was a safe haven, a place of worship, but over the years something happened...it changed, I changed, something changed, or maybe my eyes were just opened as I got older. As a child I was an observer, I didn't speak much in social settings, only spoke when spoken to (I talk to much now I need to get back to listening) I just watched people. The more I watched the more I learned. What I began to learn in the church aside from the good stuff was that there was a whole shitty river of garbage that ran through it. (Man I could so put a ton of people on blast right now but I won't) Y'all know the stories anyway its the same in every church. If you have ever attended a church regularly you know what I'm speaking about and if you go/went to church regularly and say you don't know, you are either lying or not paying attention.
Everybody knows when Deacon Smith, who is married, is getting busy with Sister Johnson. Everybody knows that Minister Jones is a ho with 6 kids and 4 different babies' daddies with another on the way minus a wedding ring. And everybody knows that Tyrone "Work It Girl" Williams is gay, no he is not gay, he is flamin' gay (One step from being a woman).

Somewhere among all of this I decided that these negroes are crazy and the reason they are in church is because they need some serious help. So while most are calling themselves trying to "get right" they are at the church acting like monkeys in a barrel, hindering each other instead of helping. Anywho, I grow tired of typing about these fools be on look out for part two, I gotta run I'mma be late for church...lol

Its offering time, get them bills ready I don't want to hear any change rattling in the mad real world.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Empress ... said...

Girl, I thought it was me. It's nothing wrong with a man loving God but if he is at church ALL the time that automatically makes an eyebrow rise a lil higher than the other. Especially if he is trying to pressure you ... or shall I say guilt you into going. He might be trying to get some extra point's with God by bringing an extra person. But don't get me wrong, it's not cause he is actually going to worship but it's because he is DEDICATED to it. Just think about it. What man do you know that is dedicated to anything other than video games? The usher board aint sponsoring no video game tournament's for charity afterwards. So if he is running in there 9 times a week without his mama draggin' him in by the ankles than he has just got to be guilty of something and praying hard for forgiveness.

I don't know what it might be, but something a lil extra has got to be going on. lol

3:31 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

First of all....I'm laughing my a** off right now!! Tyrone "work it girl" Williams....you a mess!!

I have to agree to a certain degree...I mean most of the men in church are on the bulls**t, but there are some who really have a hunger and thirst for the Lord, and want to do the right thing.

Problem is all the other folks you spoke on corrupt their minds and that's when all hell breaks loose in the churches...and then they become the niggas you and many other women(ME!!)don't want to date.

Great post girl...:)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Church dudes is good playahs, thats where all tha female iz, ya Know!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Teej said...

Yo sis...you came with it on this one. Its the sad truth in the mad real world. Check this quote out that I just found.....

"Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God." - Lenny Bruce

11:55 PM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

Great quote Teej, that is so true, perfect fit.

GradieGreen and Dee-Dee, I thought it was just me. I was thinking I should know better because my Mother is a Minister. All the people in the church aren't bad, there are still some saints in there praying for the fools. I told her about my blog today minus the cursing and she just shook her head at me like, "girl you are a trip." She agreed there is a lot of mess though. She better! Don't worry she ain't lookin'...lol

1:18 AM  
Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Well, praise the lord. I don't know if I'm a heathen or lazy, but something has been keeping me from the sanctuary and I really didn't know what it was. You're right, something about trusting certain folk in that enviornment bothers me.

Just like people that sell Amway.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

Dang Nameliar, did you have to put your girl on blast(teej's post)like that....lmao right now!!:)

Treated my whole world...damnit!!:)

I just knew I was right to(deep down inside):)

Bye!!:)

Still Lmao...:)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

AMEN! Soooo right on this one. I don't trust 'em either. Man or woman. Some of the most Christian, holy people I know don't go to church... I wonder why?!

10:38 AM  
Blogger toneec42 said...

Oooh-wee, I just picked this entry to read as I'm randomly going through old posts but you, gurl, are a crack up.
I admit I'm in the church on average 3 times a week, and I know many brothas there are serious, but all them other fools you described are there too - acting like "monkeys in a barrell." You get so busy watching their crazy antics you overlook the real Spirit-filled Christians.
As I once heard - "Being in a church makes you no more a Christian than being in a garage makes you a car."
Keep 'em coming!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home