Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Envelope Please...And the Winner is...







The New Miss Black USA 2005 is Celi Marie Dean.










The runners up from left to right ...
1st Runner Up - Miss Black North Carolina - Rhonda Patterson, 2nd Runner Up - Miss Black Texas - Carmilla Davis, 3rd Runner Up - Miss Black Virginia - Kristy Chance, 4th Runner Up - Miss Black Kentucky - Shakaola BlackburnThe top ten were rounded out by Miss Black Arkansas - Katrina Steward, Miss Black Arizona - Rachel Wilhite, Miss Black Nevada - Janeen Phelps, Miss Black New York - Aquabah Gonney, and Miss Oklahoma - Ashley Harris.

Personally I thought Miss Black Nevada was going to win but then I looked at all the pictures from the preliminary rounds and she was just to fly for her own good. People don't like to be out shined and she was doing a lot of stuntin', but they shouldn't hate. She is still a winner in my book.

While checking out the Miss Black USA website I stumbled across this picture.Its the winner Celi Dean with the Miss Black USA 2005 Scholarship Pageant President, Nicola Black...lol..."me and ole' Cola, I call her Cola because"...(far right) Chair, Rev. Yolanda Sampson...if she looses her hair she'll lose her strength (far left), and the Executive Director of Pageant Relations, Karen Lyew (right of Sampson). Is it just me or do all of these women including the winner look alike...not to mention they are all wearing pink.

Can we get a splash of Jill, Lauryn, Erykah or maybe some Indie.Arie in these pageants? Wait, wait, wait. I already know the answer to that question. NO!

Ladies keep your pressing combs hot and close in the mad real world.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Interesting...

(you know what I mean)

5:22 PM  
Blogger The Empress ... said...

hmmm, they really do look alike. I hope they aren't cloning these b.t.hes right under our nose's. lol

3:58 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

I think your right!! They do look like sisters or something...it's a farse! I'm happy for her anyway:)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really know how to put together an awesome blog!

Please go ahead and check out my site on Acupuncture Business Card Design. Its a comprehensive site on Acupuncture Business Card Design and other related topics.

Keep smiling!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home