Thursday, July 14, 2005

Stella Don' Lost Her Groove

You've probably heard and probably seen what is going on with Terry McMillan. Ole' boy who she was getting her groove back with Jonathan Plummer is gay. This week he was on Good Morning America and she was on the Tavis Smiley show. First I'm going to give you some of the "facts" and then I will tell you what I think, as I always do.

Jonathan claims at the time of their initial "grooving" he did not know he was gay. J.L King the dude who wrote "On The Down Low: A Journey Into the Lives of 'Straight' Black Men Who Sleep With Men," (damn that's a long ass title, he wanted to make sure people knew what he was talking about in that book, that ain't no R Kelly ish) says "Nonsense...He knew he was gay." To tell you the truth dude looks gay. Just look at him in the old pictures with her....fruity as hell...Lately he is looking fruitier than ever.

Now he and Terry are going through a divorce and he wants some cold hard cash-o-la. Man I would tell that puss ass nigga to step the fuck off, but here is what Terry had to say, "You know he has risked my life having sex with men for years. He's gotten to become a U.S. citizen because of his affair with me, his relationship with me. I don't care about him being gay but he risked my life. What if I am sitting here HIV positive? I can't get rid of that and he wants my money? He should get a job." I agree, get a job!I could have saved Terry a whole lot of trouble. I have long realized that younger men are not where it's at. She got with dude when he was 20. No matter how mature they seem they are still only 20. They might not have any baggage but they don't know what they want and they don't have as much experience. If you are willing to deal with that then more power to you. I leave 'em where I find them. I'm closer to 20 than she is and I wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 foot pole.

Terry is hostile as hell and I don't blame her.

Truthfully though it really saddens me to see all of this on TV, but then again she has a new book about to be released...

Ain't no such thing as bad publicity in the mad real world.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:35 PM  
Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Terry is a victim. Of herself. Here she is, damn near 40 (at the time) and had never been in love. She takes a much needed trip to clear her head and... we know the rest. The problem is/was that she never took the time to know herself in the midst of working and writing. She didn't fall in love until she reached middle age. She fell for a um... you know! All of these things are signs that she put her career first and when it came time for her to enjoy the finer things, she fooled herself into thinking that all of that (the money, her gay ass husband, that Star Jones complex) was what she needed. She was wrong. Here I am in my mid thirties and I've dealt with those type of sistas. Now all of them aren't this way, but, ther are a bunch of black women that have put thier carers first and made room for nothing else and one day they realize that they have no one to share things with. The race against time begins. Thet feel that they waited too late to fall in love. Wrong. Love finds you, if you're open. They fool themselves into thinking some sneaky ass brother loves them and have the nerve to sit there heartbroken when dude robs thier ass blind. Usually it's some young ass cat that just wanted to get comfortable in someone else'happiness because he hasn't found himself. They avoid good brothers in my demographic because some of us have children or have been in relationships. They don't want baggage, so we're avoided. If they were into finding happiness and sharing that with someone sincere in the first place they wouldn't be in a position to have to go for that young cat that steals from them. Terry McMillan found a young cat that schemed and stole from her. She admitted that her heart was closed until she took sabbatical. You will always walk around blind from everything, even love when your heart is closed. I'm not defending dude, and she's right, she could be infected, but she made that choice. She made that happen and now she must suffer the consequences of choosing by force.

1:41 PM  
Blogger The Empress ... said...

All I can say is if he wants to be a woman so bad I would of thought of making him one with one snip.

How are you a grown man and don't know that you like other men? He is playing games. Especially if he is comfortable enough with it to be all on T.V. I know some gay men and it was not easy for them to "come out". It took a long time A-N-D preparation. For him to up and do it ... this was no all of a sudden type of thing. He had to have been plotting this for a long while now.

I would of had to take it to the streets with him. Forget trying to shame him in the media. Some mud in the eye and hair pulling would make me feel better than outting his butt in front of his family. Especially for trying to skip town with the loot.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home