Friday, August 05, 2005

"THEY LOVE ME, THEY REALLY LOVE ME!" (The crowd goes wild)




MISS BLACK USA





This chick I know won Miss Black Illinois. She is now competing in the Miss Black USA pageant which is being held this weekend. They will pick a new queen Sunday August 7. Wow that's really news right. SIKE! I really didn't think people did these sort of things, okay in the back of mind I guess I always knew they had these "events", but I have never known anyone who was involved.
Now that I know someone who is involved it sparked me to do some research on this ish. I wanted to know what these women get if they win and if there are any famous past winners. Well I didn't find any well know winners and I was very disappointed when I found out what the queen wins.Check this out... the new Miss Black USA 2005 gets:
  1. $5,000 Scholarship (I can go to Harvard with that),
  2. to be the new face of Flora Roberts (who?),
  3. a fur coat valued at $8,000 (we still killing animals...I'm calling PETA),
  4. a trip to the Bahamas,
  5. a portrait by Jackie Hicks (what if I have a pimple that day...Will she correct that?),
  6. 1 year Bally's Total Fitness (they want to make sure the winner stays skinny throughout her reign),
  7. a personal home gym (okay they are already going to Bally's... This is just over kill),
  8. a gift basket from Motions Hair (got to keep that kitchen in order if you are going to be reppin' Miss Black USA),
  9. a gift basket from Warm Spirit valued at $75,
  10. a monthly signature care from Warm Spirit valued at $600,
  11. a Warm Spirit Basic Kit valued at $99.95 (okay I don't know who in the hell Warm Spirit is but they're giving away a lot of shit)
I don't know why but I was expecting something a bit more worth the while. I guess it's cool but I need just a bit more incentive to strut across a stage in 3 inch or higher stilettos. I guess I just expect to much.We need to send around a collection plate to get the dollar value of the scholarship up in the mad real world.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

What, no lucite 3 inch'ers? damn... I guess you still gotta fend for yourself when it comes to shoes...

3:21 PM  
Blogger The Empress ... said...

That's all they get? It's 2005, just imagine what it was like back in 1977. They may have just gotten a packet of skittles and a pair of tube socks. That's crazy ...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Teej said...

a portrait by who? what in the sam hill.....?

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home