Thursday, December 08, 2005

I Met A Famous Person

I met Joan Cusack yesterday. I know y'all probably like who gives a fuck but I don't care its my blog so piss off if you don't like it.

For those of you still reading you may remember her from movies like, The Addams Family, Toys, Runaway Bride, Chicken Little, The Cradle Will Rock, Arlington Road, etc. If not those then maybe the US Cellular commercials.

Anywho I walk to the cash register because I saw a woman standing there trying to put on her coat. Her basket had been sitting there a long time so I asked,
"Are you ready for me yet?"
She said, "Sure." When I looked at her I thought in my head, that's Joan Cusack! Then I started to doubt myself. Nah that isn't her, then again she does live in Chicago, but she looks so different.

As I was taking the movies out of the security devices. She asked me to tell her what one was about and what the rating was. Y'all know my ass knows a lot about movies so I went to tell her all about the plot of the story. She asked if I thought it was appropriate for a little boy. I said its only PG-13 it shouldn't be that bad. I finished ringing her up and she handed me her credit card and it confirmed what I was thinking. It was her. So I said...which I probably shouldn't have said..."Joan Cusack, I knew it was you."
She said, "No you didn't."
"I sure did. I knew when I first saw you."
"Awe you're so nice."
"Thank you."
"Most people don't recognize me, they say things like 'Don't you live in my building' or 'Haven't I met you before' or 'Don't I know you from somewhere you look so familiar'." We both laughed.
"I've watched one to many movies not to recognize you Mrs. Cusack."
"Well thank you, Millie." Wow she read my name tag how cool is that.
She said, "Have a good day," and I said "A good day to you as well."

I think she is the first famous person I have ever met. Thank God I didn't lose my cool...lol..not that pimp ever does that.

Okay so she isn't Angela Bassett, Denzel Washington, or Julia Roberts but she was nice and I liked her, so don't go pissin' on my meeting a famous person in the mad real world.

6 Comments:

Blogger toneec42 said...

I really like Joan Cusak! She makes me laugh in every movie she's been in. I would've recognized her too I believe. It is kinda cool when you meet celebrities in unexpected places and they act like everyday people. I ran into Ice Cube in LAX. We were going to a flight and he was coming in. He was with two other gentlemen and as we walked toward them, he said "Hello, ladies. Have a good day." My friend and I were stunned but managed to say "Hello, you too." (My third friend missed the whole brief exchange because she was looking the other way. Boy was she mad when told her who we'd just passed!)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Teej said...

Fuck that I know about some Joan Cusack yo! And I fucks with her brother John too! Your name tag says 'Millie'? Where is the 'Mae'?

4:14 AM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

Teej if you bring up that Mae stuff one more time.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

That shit is major. That's Joan fuckin' Cusack. Who's gonna deny that shit is major? I just saw "School Of Rock" the other day.

KZ

4:13 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Joan is too cool and she is a major player. I've met several famous-kim Coles from living singles. She asked me to hang out with her at her book signing. I was there almost three hours. She is too darn funny. We took pictures together. My best friend went to school with Cal from the same show- while visiting her we hung out. Theo from the Cosby was too fine...A very good friend of mines is married to Chuck Berry's son, Charles- so I 've met him...I could go on but why- point is they were just regular folks just like us except they probably have more money and more visiability. But Joan-I loved her movies..

1:30 AM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

I thought it was wonderful that you were able to meet her. I knew who she was as soon as her pic popped on the screen. You never see caucasion famous actors and actressess in GA. Which sucks because I love me some Orlando bloom. So good for you. That is really tight and she is quite popular too. I bet you made her day1

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home