Tuesday, November 08, 2005

High School And Me...The Whole Truth And Nothing But The...

This is a little long but I think it is interesting...lol

In my last post I mentioned high school and a high school buddy. I'm only 23 so high school wasn't that long ago but it seems like ancient history.

In high school I was the chubby light skinned girl in a clique of dark skinned skinny chicks. The funny thing is I never noticed it until my senior year. One of them said,"I hate light skinned girls but not you Millie." Anywho I will admit that I was not the pimp that I proclaim myself to be now. I was shy and quiet, they were loud and comedic. We used to have a blast. I was the genius/geek who helped them with there homework and gave them the answers to tests and so forth. It was cool I didn't mind helping them out they were my girls.

One of my friends, who shall be called Wanda from this point on, had a crush on this older guy that worked for my mother. He is only 5 years older, but anyway, I too had a crush on him. He was gorgeous, 6'1, 180lbs, nice body caramel skinned, he kind of looks like Grant Hill and the dude who played Overton on Living Single. He is hot. Anywho we both had a thing for him.

During high school she would try everything in her power to get him. You know the things that young girls do to try and get a guy's attention. She would hit him, take something that belongs to him and make him chase her...in other words do stupid stuff. I used to just sit back and laugh, like this broad is crazy. Anywho I think we all believed that I didn't have a chance in hell at getting with dude. I was a square, a fat square at that...lol Back then he and I used to play fight, a lot. I was a tom boy so it was nothing. I would punch the hell out of his ass and he would smack me around a little bit. Mind you I was like 15 or 16.

One day he and I were play fighting as usual...I think it started while we were playing basketball, I was talking trash as I do so well and he had had enough already so he popped me upside my head. So there we were fighting as usual, some kind of way we ended up falling and he fell on top of me. I think he tried to trip me and our legs got caught or some ish anyway when we fell he didn't get up. He was on top of me and he grabbed my hands and held them to the ground and looked me dead in my eyes. At the time I had no idea what that look meant but now I recognize it. It is a look of desire. It scared me then. I told him let me go, he said no, I told him I would scream, I was nervous I didn't know what to do or to say. The man I had desired was looking at me in a way that I was not ready for. He slowly let me go but he had this weird smile on his face. I didn't understand it then but I know what that was about. He wanted my young ass.

Fast forward...The year 2000. I go to prom he takes me, he pays for everything. One of my mother's other employees asks him, "What is up with you and Millie?" He replies, "Nothing, her mother would kill me." How do I know this was said, he told me. He tells me everything even to this day. At that point I figured nothing would ever become of he and I. We would just be friends forever.

Fast forward...The year 2002. He and I remained friends and kept in close contact. My personality began to flourish I become more so the woman that I am today but not yet fully. I was developing that pimp mentality...lol...Anywho one night we were talking and I told him. "You know I had a crush on you when I was in high school." He said he didn't know. I told him yeah and I still have a crush on you today. Well what did I say that for. He came to my house the next day and it was on like pop corn. I couldn't believe it. All that time I could have probably had him if I had only said something.

Anyway, as you can tell things didn't work out between us but we have remained friends which was hard at first but is working out fine. As a matter of fact he is IMing me as I type. I lost touch with Wanda and my homies for the first 3 years after high school. So when we all got together and caught up I told them about him and I. Wanda was in total shock she couldn't believe it. She thought I was lying, I told her to call him, he would tell her. I could see the hateration.

That's is why I wasn't surprised when she asked for his email address and I wasn't surprised when he said it appears she is flirting with me. She still wants a taste and he still doesn't want her. She hasn't had the nerve to come out and straight tell me she wants his drawz but I know she does.

I'll keep you posted on what happens when "friends" try and get with a friend's ex boyfriend in the mad real world.

13 Comments:

Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

If this one was not that much a friend and had/has contempt for you, why did you extend the favor of giving her dude's cyber info? I know the pimp in you wanted to see if she had the nerve, but I don't understand... Why give her the hookup? Sounds like she deserves an open hand slap to the mouth.

8:57 AM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

Hassan I gave her the rope with which to hang herself. This curiousity she has will never go away unless she explores it. I gave her the ammo because I want to see what happens when she explores it. Its just me being nosey and in a way controling.

It's wrong but hey she is the one going for it.

10:14 AM  
Blogger The_Practitioner said...

In high school I was that short light skinned dude. Wait a minute...I'm still that short light skinned dude. :o(

2:17 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

But tell me you let him hit it!

5:25 PM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

GeorgiaPeach I was a virgin up until a couple of months ago. so no he didn't hit it. Came close tho'.

InsaneBlackWoman I didn't ask him if it was okay if I gave out his info, I just did it. And I am not worried about her getting with him, there is more to him that I haven't revealed. Let's just say I have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to her and him. Does the phrase DL ring a bell?

7:46 PM  
Blogger toneec42 said...

Awww, dayum! DL! Fo'real?! Awww, dayum! Nice touch, though... heehee.

9:20 PM  
Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Damn... This is better than an R. Kelly saga!

12:14 AM  
Blogger TRUTHZ said...

so ms. mcmillian, how did you all get to the point where you all could be friends again? that's where i am in a relationship..b4 we fooled around we were the greatest of friends.. and then we did it and even had a kid and now we are done but we don't know how to find that common ground to be friends again

10:12 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Explain this to me again really, really slow.

KZ

1:41 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

ha!

4:31 PM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

Truthz...I'm not sure if everyone can be friends again after a relationship but I will tell you I was like Terri McMillan. I was pissed off when things started to fall apart. I was hostile as hell and even became violent. He would come over my house and I would just become evil.

It took six months of absolutely no contact, then I explained to him how I felt and why I was so angry, he apologized and then I had to let go of that anger. I remembered who he was to me and that he would never try to intentionally hurt me, things just weren't meant to be. After all of that we slowly began to rebuild our friendship...it took 2 years and now I feel like I can trust him completely. It was a lot of work I must admit but it has all worked out in the end.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Teej said...

*Handles Millie a napkin to dabble away the PIMP JUICE on her chin*

Goddamn pimpin! Like that?

5:50 AM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

*dee~dee on her knees in postion to bow at mills feet. All hale the Pimpstress! All hale the Pimpstress!*

Man mills I see why you the teacher and I's the student:)

Get at me w/further details of this here tale of young lust in the city aight?:)

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home