Saturday, November 26, 2005

Alright Let's Wrap It Up...3 in 1

I think I got out all of the real crazy stories about my cruise. Now here are the tid bits.

1.
My aunt, the maniac, is a horrible room mate. Everytime I would come into our room she had the heat on hell. No it wasn't cold outside. She was just cold. One night I was lying down and she asked me if I was cold. I said "No, actually I am hot." That didn't matter she turned the heat up anyway. I have a thought on that...I believe it is a form of being selfish. See it doesn't matter what I wanted, only what she wanted.

***********

2.
My aunt also treated a woman who thought she was doing the Lord's work. Check it, most of you church goers know that sometimes the Lord speaks to people and give them things to share with you about your life. Right? It doesn't happen to often but they will say something like, "The Lord is putting something in my spirit to share with you," and then they will go on to tell you something. Well...lol...this is probably more funny to me than it will be to you but, one night while we were at dinner one of the women at our table had the "unction in her spirit" to share such thoughts with my aunt.

Here's how it started. One of the women named Pat asked my aunt what church she attended. My aunt said she had just left her church home and was visiting with another church. Oh and what did she say that for. The young woman sitting next to my aunt...lol...whispered something in Pat's ear. Pat says out loud, "Tell her." So this chick...Lord forgive me....says to my aunt, "The Lord is telling me to tell you that you don't need to be church hopping because you are picking up different spirits. If you want to know what church you should go to ask him and he will tell you." I immediately started laughing on the inside because I knew my aunt wasn't going to listen to her. Why, you ask? Well because the young lady was just in the club the night before and was drinking her ass off...lol. I don't mean to judge but I knew my aunt was going to tell her a thing or two. And I was right.

My aunt told her in a confrontational tone, "Hold up. First of all I'm not church hopping. If you were listening that is not what I said." Which is true my aunt didn't say that. The girl was surprised by my aunts tone I could tell by the look in her face. I wanted to laugh so bad and so did my sisters. The girl tried again by saying, "I'm just telling you what the Lord is putting in my spirit." My aunt kept cutting her off and talking over her by saying, "I've asked the Lord and he hasn't said that to me and I know what he told me to do."

I swear I wanted to fall on the floor from laughter. After they both shut up it was an uncomfortable silence at the table...You know the quiet that happens when someone just got their feelings hurt. I looked at my sisters and theirs eyes were smiling. The chick with the word and Pat both looked stunned and then started looking in directions other than my aunt's. My aunt just continued cutting her steak like nothing happened. It was classic. These poor women in their 50s and 30s had no idea what to do, so I changed the subject.

***********
3.
My mother is silly. She got up one night at karaoke and did her impression of Tina Turner doing "Proud Mary." I have pictures of her performance but all you see is her hair. Everytime I snapped a picture her hair was in her face...I'll show you.

Exhibit ABy the way my aunt, the maniac, is in these pictures. Can anyone guess which one she is? I know the pics are tiny.
I guess that about wraps up my cruise adventures. I did indeed have a great time and everyone made it something I will never forget.

Let's get back to regular happenings in the mad real world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

LMAOOO!!! HAAA!!
She was WUUUR-KING-IT!!!

Nice picks of Belize...I know the men were following you! :-)

2:15 AM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

Insanely and Groove...The "maniac" isn't in red.

My momma is silly I'll telling you. Once you meet her you love her...she has an infectious personality.

A friend has her performance on video. I'll post it if I can...lol
My mother doesn't care what I post. She says she never gets embarassed.

Chubby Chocolate...the men were following and my fellow African American cruisers kept asking me and my sisters how much stuff cost. "Excuse me how much is this?" Once I answered a lady. "Oh that is $15." That ish happens to me in Puerto Rico as well.

10:35 AM  
Blogger toneec42 said...

Looks like Mom was working it out! Gon' Momma! Glad y'all had a good time. Which one was your aunt?

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home