Thursday, October 27, 2005

Alright These Bitches Are About To Piss Me Off

Is is just me or maybe I am over reacting, my best friend would say over reacting as usual, but is the continual fucking up of someone's name a sign of disrespect?

Peep this shit, I've been working at my current job for about a month and a half, my manager continues to fuck up my name. Now I understand that when you first meet someone you will forget or jack up their name but after a months time, give me a fucking break. She calls me Nilly, Lilly, Nomalah, Nelly and all types of other shit. Now I understand that not everyone can get their mouth to say Namelia (I'm lying I don't understand that shit, haven't these muthafuckas heard of Amelia Earhart, the most famous fucking female aviator in history, well put an "N" in front of her name and you have mine you dumb sons-ah-bitches) I told everyone at work that they could call me Millie. I suppose this is why I get called Nilly and Nelly, she is taking the N from my first name and attaching it to my nickname. What the fuck?

Okay whatever...but last night she called me Lilly and I don't know what the fuck that was about. My brain then went into Busta Rhymes/Spliff Star mode..."Yo is she dis-re-speckin you? Yo she dis-re-speckin' you. FlipMode Baby!"

To top that shit off the new girl...she is even newer than I, keeps calling me all type of shit, she has called me Missy, Nelly, and my favorite Aye Girl. I'm like STOP THE MUTHAFUCKIN' PRESSES. These puss ass hoes are about to blow me. Its fucking Millie, its not rocket science, GOTDAMN! None of my male managers or co-workers have a problem with saying Millie. My girl Tami even calls me Namelia.

Now my question to my fellow bloggers is...
Is the repeated fucking up of someone's name a true sign of disrespect? If not what is it? I believe there is a hidden meaning to it. Let me know what you think.

I'm not gon' be playin' with these broads much longer in the Mad Real World.

8 Comments:

Blogger Knockout Zed said...

I think that is definitely a sign of disrespect. Please don't tear the muthafuckin' place up, Name. Just keep reminding the asshole. Speak to her slowly and condescendingly. "Silly, you've said my name wrong again. It's Namelia. Or if you prefer, Milly. See, that's not so hard."

KZ

11:59 AM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

Mills Mills Mills...what is this here world coming to? I swear folks are making me mad as hell these days...now ppl wanna go and mess wit my girl mills...now I gots to go all the way off...ya'll just wait a good minute here...

*Dee-Dee calling up some ruff neck chicks cause we all know deeds can't fight...not in them shoes*

Now it's all done she's outta there mills...your welcome:)

WTH?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

"Namilah"..."Namelia"

Everytime the idiots pronounce your name wrong, just say it correctly and LOUD. Then don't say anything else. They'll catch on soon enough. I have the same problem.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

@cc
Who the hell can't say Chubby Chocolate?

KZ

7:40 AM  
Blogger toneec42 said...

Mos def it's a sign of disrespect. And she's (both of them) probably doing it just to mess with you. Not only would I take everyone else's advice about saying my name slowly and loudly to her next time. I would not answer her either; just keep doing what I'm doing or give her a blank look. When she asks why I'm not answering her I'd say "Oh, since you did call my name, I didn't think you were talking to me." And just for the kicker, I'd call that heifer outta her name.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Deepdiva Reads said...

chile, a couple of people still pronounce my name wrong at work - after five years. and at this point, i've written them off as they're never gonna get it. i don't have enough energy to keep correcting them, even though i have. (i did it just this week!) if your ass doesn't have enough sense to pronounce my name the way it sounds, then fuck it. i know what my momma named me. i sign it every two weeks on my paycheck.

6:59 AM  
Blogger TRUTHZ said...

English teacher cuz my name is very phonetic....it's my petpeeve though, cuz if u gots to ask a million times, ask...don't just come out your butt and call me whatever or take the liberty to change my name... and the violence...that must be a chi-town thing too cuz i'ma always feeling like busting someone in the head when they irk me... it's what's up

11:50 PM  
Blogger ~ Eclectic Soul ~ said...

It's intentional and very disrespectful... I recently had to check the owner @ my new job about that mess. Callin me, "Aye, You...", especially in front of customers. My words were tactful but trust that the pisstivity showed out more... and best believe, he calls me by my name now. He may be the owner, but unlike my predecessors, I stay on the grind my whole shift... he wasn't trying to lose me.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home