Sunday, September 11, 2005

LOVE. The Topic That Brings Titans To Their Knees

Love: A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

LOVE is being misrepresented. I've mistaken what I was feeling for LOVE. It was supreme infatuation not LOVE. What is LOVE? I can't answer that right now. I can, however, tell you what I thought it was. I thought LOVE was acceptance and familiarity. The love that I experienced was only temporary. It hurt and became frustrating at times. This form of "love" turned on me made a fool out of me. This love turns intellectuals into moronic, gullible, simple-minded, and short-sighted people. What purpose does that serve? I don't want that anymore. I want LOVE.

I'm in no need for love
Stretched this sister more than a mile
It's not for me because
There's no trust in love, so I'm restin' a while
How could you do me this way, love?
I can recall how you made me smile
And I don't have time to play with ya
If I see you, make it worth my time
Until then
I'm done...loving.

No need for love
Unless its Mr. Right
And only because
Mixin' lust with love leads to a fight
Cuz there will be dues to pay
And most of all many sleepless nights
But that won't be today, no
Guess I'll see ya love, its been nice
Until then
I'm done...loving

If you're looking for me, I'm done
Just a vacancy
Love don't live here anymore.

Bye, bye old love.

No don't AimHigher you hit the target with this one in the mad real world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Teej said...

Lawdha'mercy! I feel you aimhigher.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

Unconditional Love...I'm still waiting...:)

Great post Aim:)

Putting thangs on the ppls mind:)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Clay said...

love ... i have a clock for a heart and recycled storms for a mouth

9:42 AM  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Work Mama!!!

Love that Tweet!

You have just won a free pass to the show...See you there!

11:14 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

I simply love it. I'm a hopeful romantic myself.

www.princessdominique.com/blog

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home