Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Wedding Bells...Is It To Early To Say I Object?

Last night one of my younger sisters got engaged. She is 19 and he is 20. He asked my mother and my father for their permission and they both agreed. Well, my father went along with what my mother said.

I like the guy, he is very cool, a good "man" but I still see them as kids. My mother asked him how did he propose, he was so embarrassed and as I listened to them tell the story they both sounded like two little kids who just came up with the notion of being boyfriend or girlfriend.

RULE #1
JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ASKS DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO EXCEPT!

My father being the supportive man he is told my sister, "Y'all are young, you'll change your mind." I wanted to laugh so bad because I was thinking the same thing. No matter how hard you try to deny it you still pick up some of your parents traits.

Is 19 and 20 to young? The things I thought I was sure about at 19 and 20 turned out to be the other way around. I've feel like I've grown a lot in the past 4 years but never would I have made a commitment that big...then again I'm a pimp, she's not...lol

They want to have a long engagement, I think that is good. Maybe actually be able to get into a club and drink legally before you commit to someone for life...Alcohol has a big effect on peoples lives...lol

Here comes the bride in the mad real world?

4 Comments:

Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

I'm in my mid 30's and I just came to the realiation on what love is. I just got it, and now marriage is something I can embrace for me.

I was jaded though. Bad relationships

You can be wrong about them. The old school used to kick it and get married at a young age, and that lasted.

Don't underestimate the power of love, especially from the shawties.

3:55 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

Girl yes, 19 and 20 is too young. How long have they been dating? I would not know what to do if my little sister came home engaged. I guess I would have a one on one talk with her. But damn, you know they ain't going to listen. My little sister is different from me. Sometimes I compare her to Solange because it seems like some shit she would do. Come home engaged, then married to her ole' big head little boyfriend knowing she is still a baby. But this is serious subject Name. For real. I know you have to have some serious concerns and feelings involved. That's you little sis. Girl, I'll tell you these kids nowadays are some knuckled heads. My baby sis know she is one. But then again she ain't a certified pimpstress like her older sister who was breaking this niggas for gas money, citation money and their lunch money at seventeen..lol. I take little sister biz to heart so keep me updated.

9:30 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

oops, I don't say the n-word any more. I am drunk, but I take that back. ..lol.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

You know I'm happy for your sister!!!

I think she is mature enough to handle marriage...she has had a wonderful up bringing...

What's young got to do with it?
Shooks some 30 40 year old can't seem to get that ish right.

Love and Happiness knows no age limit!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home