Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"It's A Good Morning After All..."

Did ya miss me? lol

Alright I know I've been gone for a minute, more like months but who's really counting. I had to get some things in order and the first thing was my health.
About 3 weeks ago I paid my doctor a visit. The old is everything in working order check up...Anywho my blood pressure was through the roof...160/140 to be exact. So they held me hostage in the hospital and scared the shit out of me. "Do you know how close you are to having a stroke?" my doctor asks me. "Um...No."

Anyway I stayed a couple of hours until my pressure went down to 143/120 which was still high so I had to come back in two days, see a nutritionist and see my doctor again. When I came back for a follow up visit my pressure was 132/113. I was out of the danger zone however, my doctor wanted me to make a few minor changes.

1. Step away from the Pizza Puffs, fried chicken, and double cheese burgers. Basically eat like a normal person. I'm telling you my eating habits were horrendous. I ate corn dogs and burritos and all types of shit for lunch and dinner. I did not eat breakfast, all of that has changed.
2. Exercise!

I can proudly say I have been sticking to my routine and haven't had fried chicken or a pizza puff in over three weeks and to tell the truth I haven't really missed it. But I'm not perfect. I'm good during the week but almost eat whatever I want on the weekend. I think this is the only way I will make it. At least to start. I doubt if I would be able to go cold turkey. I'm straight up living for the weekend though...lol

My friends have been straight up supportive and I appreciate it. I have several workout buddies. Special thanks to my homies Hassan, Troy, Evelyn, Stacy, Tish and big booty Judy. (lol)

So that's where I've been.

Trying to burn some fat in the mad real world.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

I'm mad that I wasn't introduced to Judy (for obvious reasons).

I kid.

I'm proud and excited for you. I brought all of my health risk isshas down by working out and changing diet and I know how had it is to do it.

You're doing the damn thing and that makes a brother smile. Knowing that you're sticking with it just warms the cockles of my wittle, wittle heart.

All we got to do is recriut others.

1:59 PM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

congrats...WAY TO GO!!! i was wondering where u been?...keep up the good work...

7:38 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Glad that all is well and welcome back.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I don't have any health issues...but one...I'm chunky...in a squishy way.

Glad your BP went down...glad your eating right,I mean better...:-) your too dmn young to have a stroke woman!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Damn, NAME, I'm so sorry to hear about this....

STICK TO YO ROUTINE, you too young to be having those health problems and it only gets worse when we get older...

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home