Saturday, October 08, 2005

Watch How I Pimp...And Get Shutdown

I was at the job doing what I do. Okay here's what I do. I play with DVDs, CDs, phones, video games, and radios all day. Mostly its just putting things back where they belong or putting up new things, every now and then I help a customer find something.

*Cue the sexy dude*

I'm in the horror section putting away the old Texas Chainsaw Massacre DVD not paying attention to anything, but the task at hand, and this man walks up to me without me even noticing. By the time I do notice him he's standing right beside me, very close, so close I thought it was someone I knew, like an old boyfriend. I turn and look at him, sort of, I saw the DVDs in his hand and my eyes stopped there as I listened to what he had to say.

"Excuse me could you help me find this in full frame?"
"Sure. Let me see if we have it?"

That's my new routine. I glance at the customer and then try and find what they are looking for as fast as humanly possible. So I still haven't looked at this man. I just run up to the computer and type in what he is looking for. I peck on the computer, it says we have 3. I head back in the direction of where I left the man with the Spider-man movie in his hand, I still had no real idea what he looked like at this point.

I'm walking down the main aisle toward the horror section where I left him and as I turn the corner I SEE him. For the first time I actually SEE this man. I stopped in my tracks and swallowed. He was 6'4" about 195lbs, late 40s maybe early 50s, caramel skin, goatee black with mingling gray hair, he was bald, smooth skin, beautiful smile...He looked like what I imagine Boris Kodjoe will look like in 15 to 20 years...wow.
I looked him in is eyes and smiled as I said, "It says we have 3 in the system, let's see if we can find them." I led him to the action section he is walking behind me, I thought to myself "Why can't I have a ghetto bootie like my momma? Why Lord?"
I get to where the other Spider-man movies are and I squat in front of them, they are on the bottom shelf, he is on the side of me about a foot away. I start thumbing through the movies...widescreen, widescreen, widescreen...as I'm thumbing I have another thought..."I wonder what he is thinking while I am squatting in front of him like this?" My mind immediately goes into the gutter, I smile....widescreen, widescreen, widescreen. I stop thumbing and look up at him, "It looks like we don't have it." So far it appears he is oblivious to what I have been thinking. Of course he is but I bet he wonders what I am smiling about.
He says, "Okay, thanx for the help."
I say, "No problem, let me know if you need help with anything else."
I walk off, he is walking behind me again, I can feel him, he is very close if I were to stop suddenly I am sure we would bump into each other, that wouldn't be so bad, but I don't stop I speed up and shake him off.

My manager asks me to help this dude with some phones. No problem I forget about the sexy dude who is old enough to be my daddy (lol...daddy...yeah..anywho) temporarily and I help out the other customer. When I return to the DVD section sexy is still there and then it hits me. The urge to know more about this man. I must find out. I've never had an urge to do this. NEVER!

I walk up to him. "Can I help you find something else?" He says, "Are you sure you can help me?" He smiles.
I'm thinking "Man I can help your fine ass out with a lot of shit, what do you need, I got you baby." Instead I said, "I'm pretty sure I can handle it, that's a yes by the way." I smile.
"Okay I'm looking for Barbershop, the first one."
I get it for him it was very close, so that only took a second and as I returned I looked at his left hand, no ring. I hand him the movie and ask anyway..."Are you married?"
"No."
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
"No."
"Interesting."
"Why is that interesting?"
"Because I am tempted to ask you for your number."
He smiles. I smile.
"Are you into younger women?"
"Baby I'm into all women, but how much younger, how old are you?"
(I'm thinking,"Baby? Yes, how many do you want? You sexy muthafucka") "I'm 23."
"Awe you are just a baby. You're too young." He smiles. I smile.

Damn, damn, damn, damn...I wish I had lied about my age, not that it would have worked most people think I am 19, he probably thought I was lying when I said 23.
"Well I hope you enjoy your movies and your weekend."
"Thank you, you too, I'll see you next time."
"Hopefully you will." He smiles. I smile and walk away. I didn't feel crushed, surprisingly, I thought I would. I mean in theory rejection is supposed to hurt but it didn't I just laughed at myself. I wondered what the hell got into me, I have NEVER in my life asked a man for his number...what the hell? But he was fine as hell...Oh well better luck next time.

Watch out there is a new NameLiar in the mad real world.

7 Comments:

Blogger princessdominique said...

Girl do you thang!!!! And I mean that!!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

"Get down girl go head get down"....

Whoa...see I know you and I know you would'nt normally do no ish like that...so what gives Mills???

Talk to me man!

3:32 PM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

Thanx for rooting me on PrincessDominique and Envizable...lol

Deeds I don't know what gives...okay that is not completely true. Since working in retail men flirt with me everyday and it has given my confidence a huge boost so it makes me feel like doing ish like that...asking men fine as hell and old enough to be my daddy for their numbers...lol
I feel like I am changing becoming bolder...I don't know what is up with me.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

How many times a week do I shoot...and not score? They aren't blogworthy that's for sure. It was your first shot. We can't have you gettin' all conceited and shit, can we?

KZ

10:17 PM  
Blogger toneec42 said...

What no one ever really talks about is how many shots Michael Jordan took. All we hear about is how many he made (in and out of clutch situations). Keep shooting playa, keep shooting...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Teej said...

Pimpin Millie! So first you gotta teach me to step, then you gotta teach me some of your game!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

KUDOS to you! I don't consider that rejection. That's such a strong word. People call getting turned down rejection because they let their eogs inflate to an increased level, only to have it popped when the person says no. You handled that well. It's only the beginning!

GO FORTH AND PIMP ON PLAYA!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home