Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My Kind Of Town....Chicago Is (Part One)

I was sitting on the "L" (Chicago term for subway/train that travels throughout the city) and two out of towners were talking. I was ease dropping, which isn't hard on the "L", turns out they were college students from Louisiana who had been relocated to DePaul University here in the city. They were talking about how much they were enjoying the city.

Now that is what I like to hear people enjoying the city. I love this city, so they have prompted me to write...

AN INSIDERS GUIDE TO CHICAGO...
The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth

Let start with one of my favorite subjects...FOOD

I'm sure you have heard of Chicago-Style Hot Dogs or Chicago Deep Dish Pizza but have you ever heard of an Italian Beef?

An Italian Beef is a sandwich which is comprised of French bread, hot peppers, sweet peppers or bell peppers which ever you prefer and thinly sliced roast beef that has been cooked in its own juices and Italian seasonings for God only knows how many hours. Now the key to this sandwich is having it dipped, which means dipping the bread into the meat's juices this makes the bread slightly soggy and it tastes great. It's like a billion calories but its one reason why Chicago is my kind of town.

My fellow Chicagoans who has the best Italian Beef?

By the way the picture on the left is the way they want you to think an Italian Beef looks the picture on the right is the real deal.

If you don't know better you can't AimHigher, in the mad real world.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

I cut out red meat some time ago, but thanks to your post, I'm going to find the first hoagie spot I see and get a steak hoagie...not the same, but similar.

MMMMMMM. Italian Beef,(drooling).

6:06 PM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

Yeah a steak hoagie is similar but these fake ass Philly Cheese Chicken sandwiches that make at Jack's is off the chain...so not from Chicago but stilll good as hell.

Oh and Portillo's has the best beefs. Who wanna argue that point? Say something I dare ya...lol

6:19 PM  
Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Al's Original on Franklin/Erie is the inventor of the Italian Beef and still the best.

Damned shame what they can do with charred mammal flesh, bread and pepper juices.

re - damn - diculous

4:27 AM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

My birthday is the day before Valentine's Day, Feb. 13 the creepy part is that ever so often my birthday falls on a Friday, so I get teased. Friday the 13th...maybe that is why I am so crazy...lol

10:33 AM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

Don't remind me about Steak or Beef...LOL:)

What's up Aim...where you been hiding?

I gots my nerve huh?...LMAO!!!

2:12 PM  
Blogger NameLiar said...

Oh shit son you mean our birthdays are a few days apart maybe that is why I enjoy your blog so much....lol Plus we both are crazy I have noticed.

3:14 PM  
Blogger toneec42 said...

Oh, wow! That just made me sooooo hungry and I can't have any carbs after 5 pm! I haven't been to Chicago in a minute but I got a free ticket and that sandwich is making it hard for me not to come for a visit.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home